Istanbul Bilgi University Instructor, 2004-2018
• Teaching: Surveys of World Music, Audio Culture, Popular Music and Beyond, Musical Networks and Connectivity, Audio Craft, Introduction to Film Sound, Visiting Artist Seminar.
Yeditepe University, Arts Management Department, Instructor, 2013- 2014
• Teaching: Performing Arts I&II
Marmara University Fine Arts Faculty Music Department, Instructor, 2010- 2012
• Teaching: Music Technology I&II, Popular Music I&II, Electro-acoustic Music I&II, Music Culture, Composition Seminar I&II, Film Music, Contemporary Turkish Composers.
British College of Gava Music Teacher,2019
• After school music club teacher.
Keystone International Schools, Music Teacher, 2016- 2018
• Music teacher for PreK to 10 grades.
• Founder and teacher of Piano Adventures Club for 5-6 year olds.
Istanbul Jazz Festival, Educator, 2018
• Creating and teaching “The Voyage of Sound” workshops.
Moda Mavi Müzik Evi Founder and Educator, 2014- 2018
• Founding and teaching music workshops for children between ages 2-10.
El Sistema Turkey, Educator, 2010-2011
• Planing and creating music workshops for children who are focused on performing. Santral Workshop & Bilgi Education, Educator, 2007-2010
• Teaching: Comparative Musical Culture for adults. Musical Energy, I create sounds, therefore I am, The voyage of sounds and Sounds of Nature for kids.
• Creating workshops of sound and music, creative thinking, combined arts and yoga for kids.
PROJECT and PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT
Istanbul Bilgi University Music Department, Project Manager, 2004-2018
• Projects: Share and Dorkbot Istanbul, New Music Days Istanbul, Santral Müzik web site.
• All media planning of departmental projects such as concerts and combined art projects.
Shaman World Music Days Production Manager, 2008
• All the technical, back-line, sound and light system contracts, supplying the technical demands of the artists, corresponding with the artist management.
Istanbul Foundation of Culture and Arts, Production Assistant, 1995- 2001
• Assisted over 30 Artists/Groups from various countries at Music, Theater, Jazz, Film Festivals and Bienal.
Sadri Alışık Academy, Sound Technician, 2012- 2015
• Studio maintenance and recording for academic studies and theater production.
Istanbul Technical University, Miam Recording Studios, Assistant Sound Engineer, 2004- 2007
• Assistant sound engineer in various recording, mix and mastering sessions.
MUSICIAN, COMPOSER, SOUND DESIGNER
Flute, voice, electronics 1997- Ongoing
• Performing in various venues in the Middle East, Europe, and the United States. • Composing electro-acoustic and electronic music and sound art for various events, media, and exhibitions.
• Solo and collaborative albums as a performer, composer, and producer.
• Sound design for theater works.
WRITER and TRANSLATOR
• Music Writer/Reviewer and English-Turkish Translator 1997-Ongoing
• Music writer and reviewer in various academic and non-academic magazines.
Istanbul Technical University Advanced Studies in Music, PhD 2006- not completed
• PhD on Sound Engineering and Design. Completed all the coursework.
Istanbul Technical University Advanced Studies in Music, MA 2002- 2006
• Master of Arts in Ethnomusicology, scholarship student.
Istanbul Technical University Turkish Music State Conservatory, BA 1994-2002
• Bachelor of Arts in Musicology, 4th place of graduation.
Marmara University Faculty of Education, 2016-2017
• Pedagogical Formation for music education.
Istanbul English High school for Girls, 1986-1993
Agora 2010 Feldstarke International Program, January- March 2010
• International and interdisciplinary art projects at Essen and Paris.
International Ensemble Modern Academy, August 2008
• Sound Design on Steve Reich repertoire in Austria and Italy.
London School of Sound, August 2005
• Analog and digital music workshop
• English (proficient)
• Spanish (intermediate)
• French (basic)
• Turkish (native)
• Proficient in Windows and Apple operating systems and office programs.
• Music: Ableton Live, Protools and other DAW.
• Music education, Early age music education, Electronic music education, Audio culture, World music, Music history, Improvisation, Electronic music, Computer music, Electro-acoustic music, Sound design, Sound art.
Spanish & Turkish